Direct Action Preparation
Joining us on the water? Awesome.
Conditions on the water can be extreme, and change rapidly. Be prepared by bringing along:
- Warm top and bottom layers (to wear under wetsuit/drysuit)
- Fleece/wool sweater/pullover
- Warm socks & tennis shoes (or other shoes you can wear while kayaking)
- Warm hat
- Rain jacket (Important!)
- Full change of warm dry clothes and shoes
- Quick snacks (energy bars, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Medications (if applicable)
General rule: avoid wearing cotton. If you have your own paddle gear, bring what you have, including extra! We recommend having all your gear with you in a “go bag” ready to go on short notice. We have wetsuits for everyone, gloves for most, and some paddle shoes.
See ya on the water!